Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hoppy Easter

One thing about my family is we LOVE holidays.  Easter has always been a fun one, and we are most often together.  Sarah and I grew up with an Easter bunny who would stage his egg hunt with clues in each egg, forcing us to run around the yard and house, eventually leading to the same treasure chest filled with scratch tickets and candy (we started gambling young.  Also, we clearly didn't shower much).  
The tradition also began more than fifteen years ago that my mom (and dad) would create a bunny (or whatever other stuffed creature she could find to dress up) that signified what Sarah and I had done that year.  When I was younger, one of my bunnies had a leather jacket and a belly button ring (yeah, I did that).  Sarah had one dressed like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, the year she played her.  Last year, my bunny graduated from dental school.  

This year, the monkey came in a priority mail postal box dressed in VIZIPRO Saucony race gear, bib F2, with it's NOLA 26.2 finishers medal.  Pretty awesome Mom :)

 
Wishing I was with my family today.

No comments:

Post a Comment