Saturday, April 21, 2012

ABQ half review

Albuquerque half marathon was today, a race I hadn't planned on running until last week.  This is the first "race" since NOLA 26.2 and I was instructed to do it as a progression run and use it as a workout.  I'd kinda planned on 6:40s, and hoped for 6:40s, and what I did was 6:38s (except for that first mile at 6:20...my bad).  Course profile was flat, through neighborhoods, and at 5000 feet.  Beautiful, but no spectators, and no one to run with.  In a way, it was nice being forced to tune everything else out and do this on my own.

Second female and no complaints on a gorgeous day in ABQ.  First lady ran 1:23 and is training for the US half marathon championships coming up.  Turns out we are neighbors, so hoping to get some training in with her!  Got to sit around and get sunburned waiting for awards with a bunch of runners.  Yay for friends :)

Other perks of the weekend thus far...finding forty dollars on the ground, my amazing Fastwitch 5s, Sophia's taco salad, double-digits missed calls from my family (since I didn't call them right after the race), no clouds in the sky, pool parties, great friends...and 21 JUMP STREET.  The greatest movie ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment