Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Treadmill appreciation

Coming from Boston and the East Coast, the electronic running beast was meant for winter time.  Fifteen below zero days and multiple feet of snow meant hours cruising along indoors.  Coming to ABQ, I never thought I'd need to use it.  But as temps are reaching closer to triple digits, and with the sun not setting until 8pm, I've developed a new appreciation for the monotony, consistant pacing, and the air conditioning.  Plus, I can read some pretty good books on the Kindle at the same time :)

Good workout today I suppose, much better than I would have been able to do outside at 4pm.  Because you're speed is at your fingertips, I was able to consistently drop the pace during an hour progression run without "regressing," and slowing down.  Well, until a point, with about one mile to go, when the belt couldn't keep up anymore and kept stuttering...attesting to the age of this mill, and maybe a little wear and tear over the hour!

Here's a little article on the pros and cons of treadmill running.  It has a place!  

No comments:

Post a Comment