Monday, May 28, 2012

pay-off

Showed up at the USATF Minnesota 5K championships.  When Katie McGregor and Emily Brown of TeamUSA MN show up, you know you're in a field way out of your league!  Managed 7th in a competitive field, actually racing ladies and not racing my watch.

Crossed the line in 18:02.
A little sad until seeing...CHIP TIME 17:59.49.
Road PR!

More exciting for me was that
a) my 5K overall PR is from six years ago, on a track, as a college college athlete, at 17:58.
b) this is the closest I've come to that PR by thirty seconds.
c) that was six years ago.
d) this is only the second time I've broken 18min.

A lot has happened for me in six years in terms of body fluctuations, running sabbaticals, race distances, and training philosophies (aka pushing more body weight, running on and off, switching from 5ks to marathons, maxing at 35mi/wk then to 90+ now).  It's fun to see results from hard work.

Feeling healthier, stronger, faster, and more confident in 2012 than in 2006...excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment